The building was the seat of the Turkish Prefecture (Konak). From 1912 and for fifteen years it was the seat of the Italian governor of the islands. When the Government House was built, governor Μario Lago decided to house the seat of the Post offices and the Public Works Division in the building.
The building was concluded in 1928, based on a design of Florestano di Fausto. It is an example of elitist architecture, with elements from the Italian Renaissance, with the pediment frames of the ground-floor openings, the all representations reaching up to the breast wall of the terrace with chapiters, and the shields with reliefs over the openings of the floor.
Today the building houses the Post Office.
1. Click the «Get Directions» button below . Enter the home position in «A:» . The destination position «B:» is already completed.
2. Click on ‘GET DIRECTION’ button.
To change the transportation mode, click on the corresponding icon for transport by car, public transport, cycling, hiking, or plane.