Diagoras Stadium « Πολιτιστικός και Ιστορικός Ξεναγός Δήμου Ρόδου

Diagoras Stadium


    Based on designs of architect Armando Bernabiti in 1932 “Helios stadium”, in the quarter of Saint John, in an area provided for by the Regulatory scheme of the Italian occupation. In 1939 it was renamed into Mussolini stadium.
    The ellipsoid shape of the open space of the stadium is encompassed by a wall. The main entrance gate is on the southwest side, with two sturdy pillars which host ticket issuance spaces. A second entrance gate, which is signaled by an iron clock is situated on the north-west side, while on the three remaining sides there are accessory entrances. The roof of the viewers’ stands above the arcade of arches and the details of the decorative elements on the gates have been made of iron, in the form of art deco. The plot includes a cycling track.
    Today it is the Municipal stadium of Rhodes “Diagoras”.

Get Directions
Photo Gallery