University of the Aegean « Πολιτιστικός και Ιστορικός Ξεναγός Δήμου Ρόδου

University of the Aegean


    The building was concluded in 1926, based on a 1924 design of F. Di Fausto, and it was intended as a military seat (caserma di fanteria) of the Italian occupation.
    Built on Dimokratias street, it includes two long volumes on each side of the monumental triple entrance gate in finta pietra, with two vaulted posts on each side, with pointed arches and cylindrical wall representations emulating forms of knight architecture. The adjacent buildings of the barracks are three-floor cubist volumes, with openings outlined by height.
    The buildings currently house the University of the Aegean.

Get Directions
Photo Gallery