Hotel of the Roses
Its construction began in March of 1925, and the hotel was inaugurated in 1927, in the presence of many guests from Italy and Egypt, in the context of the tourism policy of the Italian occupation. In 1930 architect Rodolfo Petracco undertook to carry out a plan for the expansion of the building, with an addition which was called “small hotel of the Roses”.
On the last period of the Italian occupation, the building acquires new faces, clear, geometric forms, with the removal of all the decorative elements and the use of the coat with finta pietra, in a form of isodomic masonry, reminding of knight architecture.
After the expiration of the Second World War, the building kept operating as a hotel until early 1960s.
It currently operates as a casino-hotel.
1. Click the «Get Directions» button below . Enter the home position in «A:» . The destination position «B:» is already completed.
2. Click on ‘GET DIRECTION’ button.
To change the transportation mode, click on the corresponding icon for transport by car, public transport, cycling, hiking, or plane.