COURT HOUSE « Πολιτιστικός και Ιστορικός Ξεναγός Δήμου Ρόδου
endeel

COURT HOUSE

Information

    In 1923 Mario Lago assigned Florestano di Fausto to convert a pre-existing building on a triangular plot on Evdomis Martiou Avenue, into a court house. On the southern side “Ca’ San Giorgio” was constructed in 1926 as an office of financial affairs or administration seat of Thermes in Kallithea, while on the northern side a new court room was added by Rodolfo Petracco in 1930. The third angle of the triangle was occupied by the building of the Hunting Club, which was converted into a library in 1931.
    On the first phase, the face of the building is characterized by a wooden entrance gate in all its height, and a ridge from a continuous breast wall with Latin inscriptions, according to the Roman Renaissance standards.
    In 1936 the last governor Cezare De Vecchi implemented drastic modifications on the building. The Renaissance entrance propylon was replaced by a magnificent access staircase and entrance door, framed by semi-round wall representations up to the height of the breast wall, Latin inscriptions were abolished, and the faces were coated with a new coat by finta pietra, in representation of an isodomic stone masonry, according to knight standards.
    Today the building houses the Court House.

Get Directions
Photo Gallery
can you tell if an eharmony profile is active mental health dating app