The Clock Tower was built in 1857 by Fethi Pasha at the point where Sokratous street intersects with Orfeos street, next to the Suleyman temple, after the 1856 explosion, which was caused by gunpowder left in the basements of the church of Saint John of the Knights, and destroyed the whole area. The old mechanism of the clock is considered to be one of the technological achievements of the 19th century. The view to the Old City from the top of the tower is magnificent.
1. Click the «Get Directions» button below . Enter the home position in «A:» . The destination position «B:» is already completed.
2. Click on ‘GET DIRECTION’ button.
To change the transportation mode, click on the corresponding icon for transport by car, public transport, cycling, hiking, or plane.