Church of Virgin Mary of victory
Virgin Mary of Victory at the north-east edge of the city, is adjacent to St Catherine’s Gate and the eastern wall. The Knights erected the church, wishing to honor Virgin Mary of the Catholics and the Orthodoxs, because, according to popular tradition, it was she who helped the population overcome the first ottoman siege of 1480.
Nowadays the ruined church has been excavated and the remnants have been restored by the Hellenic ministry of culture.
1. Click the «Get Directions» button below . Enter the home position in «A:» . The destination position «B:» is already completed.
2. Click on ‘GET DIRECTION’ button.
To change the transportation mode, click on the corresponding icon for transport by car, public transport, cycling, hiking, or plane.