Castellania – Knights Commercial Court
Castellania – Knights Commercial Court is situated in Ippokratous square. Albert Gabriel, who studied the architecture of Medieval Rhodes had suggested that this building was not the Kastellania (Courthouse) but the Mercantile Court of the Knights (Basilica Mercatorum). However, recent research has cast doubt on the validity of Gabriel’s hypothesis.
On the west facade of the building there is a marble relief depicting two savages holding the coat-of-arms of Grand Master Aimery D’Amboise, and the date 1507. The courthouse on the second floor, accessible by the open staircase consists of a rectangular single room with painted timber ceiling.
1. Click the «Get Directions» button below . Enter the home position in «A:» . The destination position «B:» is already completed.
2. Click on ‘GET DIRECTION’ button.
To change the transportation mode, click on the corresponding icon for transport by car, public transport, cycling, hiking, or plane.